FACT: two-phase modules can be made in two versions:
- Double glass. The white polymer back plate of standard module replaced by glass with white strips in between cells. The advantages are high resistance to hot climate with high humidity, more easily then cleaning, high strength and hardness.
- Transport substrate: white polymer substrate of standard module replaced by transparent polymer sheet. The advantages are less weight and less value.
FACT: it is possible to generate more energy by means of two-phase module.
The direct solar radiation is on the front side of photovoltaic module, on the back side — solar radiation, reflected of the ground and other surfaced.
Taking priority of two-phase modules — the solar absorption reflected of the ground by reverse side of the module, we achieve more productivity compared to monophasic modules.
FACT: the two-phase module receives energy from 3 different sources:
- Sun: beam solar radiation
- Diffused light: is designed by landscape elements, such as clouds.
- Earth albedo: surface reflected solar radiation.
FACT: additional generation depends on albedo.
What is albedo?
It is percent of radiation reflected by surface. The mean albedo reflected by surface is about 35%, but in entirely depends on type of surface. Thus, bright finishes have a far greater albedo that is above 60%.
The more reflected radiation will lead to the back panel will produce more energy therefore the modul will work more effectively.
FACT: to use two-phase panels and get maximum allowable gain we should hold to follow recommendations:
- The construction should allow the light to hit on rear side of photovoltaic module not creating the shading. To avoid the shading of rear side of photovoltaic module with special fastener systems SOLARsk SMS-212 BFL, which are ideally perfect.
- The height, on which the photovoltaic modules are installed relating to ground surface, significantly affect the reflection of solar radiation.
- It is necessary to take balanced approach to choice of cross fastener systems of photovoltaic modules – this characteristic is important for reaching of shading`s minimization of proceeding range and it will also allow to achieve more albedo.
- The choice of surface finishes is important element for reaching of maximum capacity.
FACT: the two-phase modules have at least 4 advantages.
- The high efficiency of photo modules. The second side of module may increase the energy production by 5% — 30%.
- It reduces cost BOS performing more energy without increasing area sizes for SPP.
- It makes the investment more efficient. The decreasing of current value of electricity LCOE.
- The flexible installation: it can be perfect solution for environments limited by space and requiring the maximum potential of electrical power generation.